Cracked Chassis

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Doug

Doug

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 12:42 PM

I have a 2007 BT-50 4x4 Freestyle cab ute, which has travelled 26000kms. & is 11 months old. I have just discovered a crack right around the chassis right in front of the front spring shackle bracket of the left hand side rear spring.
Has anyone else had this problem in a BT-50?
Mazda say they do not know of any others having had this problem, & have refused warranty because I fitted "airspring supports" to stop the back end sagging when I have my camper fitted to the vehicle. These are supposed to help the springs. When loaded tare weight is approx. 850kgs, well within the 1075kg rating in the specs. of the vehicle.
I had the same airbag springs on my previous Bravo 4x4 & travelled 54000kms on rough tracks in the out back loaded with the same camper & had no such problems.

#2 ZBravo

ZBravo

Look out ZB is back....

• Admin
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:I'm a mad Rabbitohs supporter, Mazda's of course, Motor sport, driving....4x4, camping and exploring the bush.
    Having a chat or a laugh over a beer/coffee with friends and family.

Posted 03 November 2008 - 01:26 PM

Doug..

damn that's tuff that ur Mazda Dealer wont come to the party I would be firing off an email to HQ...
I'm enjoying the country life and living in Orange
Wakefield Park: 1:22.1010 my beloved Mazda 2
Check out my galleryhttp://www.ozmazda.c.../73-zbs-garage/

#3 Doug

Doug

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 01:53 PM

Doug..

damn that's tuff that ur Mazda Dealer wont come to the party I would be firing off an email to HQ...

ZBravo, it has gone further than HQ. Photos were sent by dealer to Mazda Australia in Melbourne who, in turn, sent them on to Mazda Japan. It was Japan who said "no go" re warranty.
I have had a very good repair done plus reinforceing to the undamaged side,but has cost me $683.00

#4 BTman

BTman

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 05:05 AM

Hey Doug, what brand of 'air spring supports' do you have? I am about to get the ARB bellows installed on mine but think I may hold off now. Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

#5 Doug

Doug

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 08:48 PM

Hey Doug, what brand of 'air spring supports' do you have? I am about to get the ARB bellows installed on mine but think I may hold off now. Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

#6 Sleepy

Sleepy

60 kph

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 10:45 AM

Not good news to hear about cracked chassis on such a new car. You will have buckly's chance of getting anything out of mazda for this one even though you have been honest in declaring you have had a camper fitted with airbag helpers. I would have been surprised if they had even come to the party without the modifications or weight of the camper. It is the nature of owning a 4wd and if you see what some people do to their cars, it would be nearly impossible for the manufacturer to cover liabilities for these people. I have a 2008 BT-50 freestyle cab which has a much stronger chassis than previous hiluxes, rodeo's that i have owned. Let us know how you get on with the repair works.

sleepy

SLEEPY

If your not off road, your not living

#7 Doug

Doug

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 09:58 PM

BTman,
Brand of spring supports =Firestone, Airbag Man bellows. 1/26 South Pine Rd, Brendale, QLD 4500. ph 0738896556

#8 bt50les

bt50les

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 09:23 PM

I have a 2007 BT-50 4x4 Freestyle cab ute, which has travelled 26000kms. & is 11 months old. I have just discovered a crack right around the chassis right in front of the front spring shackle bracket of the left hand side rear spring.
Has anyone else had this problem in a BT-50?
Mazda say they do not know of any others having had this problem, & have refused warranty because I fitted "airspring supports" to stop the back end sagging when I have my camper fitted to the vehicle. These are supposed to help the springs. When loaded tare weight is approx. 850kgs, well within the 1075kg rating in the specs. of the vehicle.
I had the same airbag springs on my previous Bravo 4x4 & travelled 54000kms on rough tracks in the out back loaded with the same camper & had no such problems.

A bloke bent his BT50 dual cab in half on 4x4forum. had air bads fitted and loaded with camper and hit dump. he told insurance company of air bag accessory and was covered with insurance $6500 worth. Mazda did not want to know about it as vehicle was modified.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users