• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jjboy

jjboy

Redline in 1st Gear

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 12:56 PM

Does anyone know how often the Serpentine or drive belt should be replaced on the 2011 to 2017 Mazda BT50 3.2. Mazda Australia say it does not need replacing unless it is showing signs of wear. Problem is by then its possibly going to be too late especially if it fails while travelling in remote areas. Personally I would think it prudent to change it at 200,000kms irrespective of wear?

#2 poppa smurf

poppa smurf

Donut King

• PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Interests:metal fabrication, timber fabrication, travelling by c/van, yakking (my favourite pastime) helping folks

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:27 AM

I will be doing mine at 100,000...... no mechanical reason I just reckon it has "been around" enough by then..... the job is not that big and the cost is not astronomical but the peace of mind would be priceless...... I replaced mine on a BA Fairmont simply because it wouldnt stop speaking, drove me nuts

everyone calls me Poppa or simply Pops, have done for a long time now....call me what you want, chances are I won't hear you anyway..don't fret the small stuff......

2016 BT50 Hi-rider dual cab in aluminium, ARB reversing camera, ARB ascent canopy, second full river 60 amp deep cycle, 40 ltr engel, redarc 1225 BC_DC charger, ARB 80 watt rooftop solar panel, Titan draws with wings, Mazda supplied polished alloy bullbar, lightforce spotlights, ARB long range fuel tank, ARB supplied and fitted Old man emu suspension upgrade with 2"lift, 70 litre water tank with on call pump........plus many extra "tow features"....we tend to creep along the roads less travelled" preferring deserts to blacktop and wildlife to crowds....self employed partially retired not looking to go full retired as yet........love "fiddling with off road stuff"

#3 jjboy

jjboy

Redline in 1st Gear

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:26 PM

Thanks Poppa. I appreciate the comment.

• poppa smurf likes this

#4 Scotty56

Scotty56

Zoom Zoom Zoom

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 05:17 PM

I carry one with me with a diagram on how it is fitted.

#5 Phillthy

Phillthy

Zoom Zoom Zoom

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 06:43 PM

Get the number and buy the belt from Yates for about 1/4 of the price.

My Ducati needs them changed every 2 years and they cost SFA.

CBC for all belts now after comparing price at repco for the kids cars.

#6 Scotty56

Scotty56

Zoom Zoom Zoom

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 08:56 PM

Got mine here:

http://www.ebay.com....vUAAOSwPYZU7U58

#7 Aaronbooft

Aaronbooft

60 kph

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 08:26 AM

My local oil change shop pointed out some cracking on the inside of the serpentine belt. Ive got 81k miles on an 07 Matrix XR. Is this something I should be concerned about? Or wait until proper interval? What is the interval?

#8 Phillthy

Phillthy

Zoom Zoom Zoom

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 12:37 AM

Better to change it than wait for it to fail. 80k and a few signs of wear are a good indicator that it's time.

Got a big shock when I changed air filter at 25k as it go's on dirt a bit. Asked price at mazda and braced my self.

Expected them to try to rip me for $80. Was $50 so not too bad.

Would cost more off that ebay link, not great value that one. Could get lots of Holden parts from Melbourne sellers but not found any good value for mazda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users