BT50 Seats_Sore Tail bone

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Tannum

Tannum

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 04:13 PM

Hi all, as a newbie to this site and also a BT50 owner I would like some feed back please. I am 55  and recently purchased a 2016 BT50 freestyle which I love and think is a great 4 x 4 . The only issue is that both my wife and myself seem to be getting a sore tail bone when sitting in the car, and this only started since the purchase a few months ago. I suspect that the poor seating position is the cause (headrest too far forward and too much belly in the lower seat?) has anyone else had a problem with the seating/headrest position.

Cheers

Tony

#2 davo @ leeman WA

davo @ leeman WA

Power Band in 2nd Gear

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 10:15 AM

Gday Tony,
Sorry about your dilemma. I have done a lot of kms in my 2012 BT50 and have found it to be one of the most comfortable cars I have ever owned. Maybe the seats have been changed in the later models, but I have not heard of any negative reports other than yours.
RegardsDavo

#3 jimboombapete

jimboombapete

Zoom Zoom Zoom

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:51 PM

I find the seats comfortable although ours just fell apart...literally

#4 Gof

Gof

Zoom Zoom Zoom

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:50 PM

I found that the seat was too flat and hard (2013 BT50) initially but my tailbone eventually softened it and created a bit of a hole so now it is quite comfortable on a long trip. Give it some time and see how it goes, in the short term you could try a thin soft cushion.

#5 Wartim

Wartim

Gear Change

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:12 PM

When I 1st bought my 2013 XTR I thought the seats were very uncomfortable compared to the MY11 DMax I put a lot of long Ks on.  That was 4 months ago and now I find the BT50 to be the most comfortable car I've owned..

#6 craig1

craig1

The Zoomiest guy ever

• 300 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:25 PM

2012 xtr was very good for comfort, bad for height adjustment issues, probably better than our new 2017 gxl 200 cruiser

#7 TravellingSparky

TravellingSparky

Second Gear

• PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:47 AM

Have clocked up a lot of km in my 2016 BT-50 and regularly do stints of 4 hours non-stop before getting out to stretch the legs.  Have found the seats very comfortable.  Maybe as Gof suggested start by having a thin cushion under your butt to see if the seats need to "bed in" a bit.

#8 lattraveller

lattraveller

Two Ducks Swimming

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:20 PM

Hi Tony, yes we had a similar problem with our seat also. I fitted three flat washers under the front seat mounting and this tilted the seat back slightly and know the backs of our legs support some of the body weight, the head rest is back slightly and is more comfortable on the neck.
The air bags can still operate.
cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users