• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tiny2829

Tiny2829

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:rodeo, camping, fishing, off roading

Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:29 PM

when i pull up and turn the engine off i get a sound from behind the glovebox area but i cant narrow it down it sounds like bubbling but not sure what it is does anyone else get this

2016 auto

#2 HEM19X

HEM19X

Second Gear

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 10:56 AM

Yep, we also get that, almost like a dull knocking??? Not Sure what it is.

#3 davo @ leeman WA

davo @ leeman WA

Power Band in 2nd Gear

• PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:24 PM

Do a search here for "actuator" seem to remember this being mentioned before.
Strange thing is my 2014 does it as well, but for some unknown reason If I open and then close any of the doors it stops????
RegardsDavo

#4 midco

midco

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 01:02 PM

Yes my 2014 does the same, if you turn the key on and off again it stops.

#5 eddii

eddii

80 kph

• PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Interests:Caravanning and Fishing :)

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:55 PM

They're A/C actuators, 4 in total I think. I had mine replaced few times under warranty. But still fails again and again. It was a known issue and had software patches to limit the actuators movement to stop from failing..........and yet they still fail  :banghead:

My car is out of warranty now so I don't bother getting it fixed anymore :sad:

2012 XTR Black; Mods: Mazda Bullbar, Towbar, Ironman 4x4 Canopy, Lightforce LED215, LEDBar, Colour Coded Factory Alloys, 12"Sub Under rear seat, Dual Battery, Clearview Towing mirrors, Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller.

#6 Taswegian

Taswegian

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:29 AM

Hi i just purchased a 2016 XTR which does that as well - previously had a 2013 XLT Ranger which did that weird bubbling\gurgling thing from in behind the glovebox, had it to the dealer but they didnt have a clue, i ended up finding a forum somewhere that explained it is air in the system, after i had it serviced it actually went away for a month or 2.

You could also try what i was told, park the vehicle on a reasonably steep incline with nose pointing up, undo the coolant cap and leave for a few minutes this should aloow the air to work its way out, replace cap and drive off - this worked for me.

• ANT1967 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users