• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Pudd

Pudd

Legs 11

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:06 PM

I was contacted by the dealer yesterday to tell me that I need to get the car in ASAP, because the fuel pump has issues with a loose retaining bolt on the fuel pump drive cog. Was told that it if lets go then it will shred the timing gears, valves, etc. Has anyone else been contacted yet?

#2 sandgroper

sandgroper

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:04 AM

I was contacted by the dealer yesterday to tell me that I need to get the car in ASAP, because the fuel pump has issues with a loose retaining bolt on the fuel pump drive cog. Was told that it if lets go then it will shred the timing gears, valves, etc. Has anyone else been contacted yet?

Had mine in the other week for the 10,000K service and they told me they did something to the fuel pump, but didnt say it was a recall.

#3 Clicktracy

Clicktracy

Second Gear

• PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 10:25 AM

What year/model?I had a quick look on recall.gov.au and there was nothing there about it.Cheers
BT50 2009 Freestyle Cab 3.0 Litre, Boss Pack Tray.

Mods:Turbo Timer, Cruise Control, Scan Gauge, Aux Batt, Driving Lights, Side Steps, Low Range 2WD, Suspension Seat, Snorkel

#4 Pudd

Pudd

Legs 11

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:40 PM

The build date of the car is Nov 2011, the dealer has since told me that they only want to see "a small number" of vehicles built around this time. I am guessing that most of the cars built around then have been in for the six month service and had it done without the owner being told?
I ordered the car in early May, and was delighted when I was told that I would have it two weeks later. All good until I picked the car up and it had red dust still in crevices around door handles & front grill etc, a dent in the passenger side door, small buff scratches in the paintwork on the bonnet, surface rust where paint had come off some welds in the chassis and behind the wheels, almost 50km on the clock, and only when I got it home and had a proper look at the paperwork found out that it was a 2011 build, not 2012 as invoiced. (God knows where they pulled it off a lot somewhere and got it back to Sydney)
A good clean and polish, a can of black kill rust paint, dent fixed by dealer, and I am happy with the car. But I have let them know in every one of the 37 surveys sent out to me how dissatisfied I am (on principal) with the dealer.
The reason for this post was that I have not heard about anybody else having this recall, and am wondering if the dealer has some sort of other reason for wanting to look at the car.

#5 matthias

matthias

Redline in 2nd Gear

• PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:45 PM

Its a long story why but I had a new motor fitted to my BT50 at 27 000km. Not Mazda's fault.
A few hundred km later the car just stopped. The bolt you are referring to had come loose. Punched a hole through the plastic timing cover.
However there was NO other damage done as it only drives the pump. I don't think it is possible for the valve timing to move and cause bent valves etc. because as soon as the bolt loosens the fuel pump ceases operating and the engine stops.
I suspect the bolt may not have been tensioned correctly when the new motor was fitted. The dealer affected the repair at no cost.
I have since traveled more than 60 000km and no sign of a problem.
Mine is a 2008 model.
G

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users